You will have access to an enormous bank of benefits and services that would not be available to individuals. These benefits and services are designed to safeguard the profession and save you money. Your membership ID number is your ticket to cutting-edge information 24 hours a day.
Along with the unlimited resources to assist you in your everyday practice, CVMA will market you with your own listing in the "Find a Veterinarian" site, designed for the public. Your clients and potential clients can locate you with the click of a button!
We offer our members:
Immediate access to critical information through the CVMA website, CVMA Weekly e-newsletter and California Veterinarian magazine, press releases and action alerts.
Increased awareness and understanding of the impact of legislation on your profession through effective policy analysis and membership advisories. The CVMA legislative team, staff, and legislative advocate are constantly monitoring proposed legislation and making your voice heard!
Defending your right to practice by strongly opposing local ordinances that restrict the legal practice of veterinary medicine.
Protection of your license. The CVMA continuously looks for unlicensed veterinary activity in all areas of practice including dentistry, chiropractic and legend drug sales. When we identify individuals that are illegally practicing veterinary medicine, we notify them that they are breaking the law. We then educate them and refer them to the Practice Act.
Effective, easy management of your continuing education record through the use of your CVMA member card. Bring your card to CE meetings and swipe it through the reader. Your CE credits will be uploaded to the CVMA website. Login anytime to check your personal CE record. The CVMA will send you a reminder letter six months prior to your license renewal date with a total of the CE units recorded in your personal record.
One-stop professional consulting resources on a variety of issues, including:
- Veterinary Medicine Practice Act
- Unlicensed activity
- Labor law
- State regulations affecting veterinary practices
- Drug Enforcement Administration policies and regulations
- Radiation safety and other compliance or practice topics
More time to practice veterinary medicine while the CVMA monitors state and federal regulations that affect you and the profession. The CVMA consistently monitors and reports on the activities of the California Veterinary Medical Board.
Remedies for OSHA and VMB compliance with special member prices on the CVMA Regulatory Manual and mandatory client and employee informational plaques and posters.
Support for community outreach and practice promotion through the CVMA’s educational materials for presentations at schools or groups, including publications, videos, and other support materials.
Through CVMA membership you can:
Stay current with our cost-effective Continuing Education services. Locate CE meetings through our easy-to-use online Find-a-Meeting database. Earn CEUs and network with friends at CVMA meetings in resort locations.
Experience practice growth through our Find-a-Veterinarian online listing of CVMA member veterinarians. This searchable listing allows potential clients to find you by name, city, and practice type. We can also link your listing to your practice web site.
Network with colleagues and specialists through our members-only online CVMA Directory – a searchable listing of all veterinarians and CVMA member RVTs in California.
Connect with elected officials through the CVMA Legislative Key Member Program and local candidate events. The online Legislative Action Center lets you communicate with elected officials easily and conveniently, track legislation, and more with the CapwizTM advocacy engine.
Participate in service to your community through the CVMA’s Disaster Response Program: California Veterinary Medical Reserve Corps (CAVMRC). The program involves veterinarians who are prepared to provide veterinary care in local communities during disasters. Access information on local coordinators or volunteer for your own community or download free client disaster preparedness brochures in the About CVMA, Disaster Response Program section of CVMA.net.
Enjoy discounts on a variety of recommended member services:
- Insurance–designed for veterinarians through Veterinary Insurance Services Company (VISC)
- Dental Insurance–group discount rates with Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance–high quality eye care plans with Vision Service Plan
- Employee Background Checks-group discount rates on background screening packages with HireRight, Inc.
- Bad Check Recovery Services-free to CVMA members with Checkmarc USA
- Office Supplies–group discount rates on office products and printing services through Staples
- Merchant Card Processing–competitive rates through Infintech
- Collection Services–effective and economical methods from I.C. Systems
- Pet Care Financing–monthly payment plans offered with CareCredit
- Rental Car Discounts, Avis, Hertz, Alamo, National
- Amusement Park Discounts, Great America, Sea World, Universal Studios, Six Flags resorts, Legoland, Knott’s Berry Farm